Five great sites for the solopreneur business traveler
My son will be entering college soon, so we decided to start touring the colleges that he would like to some day attend, Or first stop - San Francisco - UC Berkeley to be exact. Choosing to go to San Francisco was the easiest part of our vacation/college tour. Getting their was the tricky part. [caption id="attachment_881" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="San Francisco"][/caption] Back in the day, when my family and I would travel, I would call up my local travel agent and they would make the arrangements. The same is true for those of us who were a part of corporate America. Each time we needed to travel, we would call down to the travel department and within the hour, a packet containing all the pertinent travel information would be delivered to our office. But now I am flying solo, all travel plans are made by me - I tried using the local travel agent, but I found better deals on-line. Here are 5 Travel sites that will make things a bit easier if you are traveling on business or taking a vacation.
- Kayak.com - This site lets travelers compare hundreds of travel sites at once and finish their booking in one place.
- Hipmonk.com - A new travel search site where flight results are presented in a visual "timeline" that allows people to select the best flight for them at a glance. Hotel results are shown on a map so that people can view where in a destination they will be staying and the landmarks near them.
- HotelsByMe.com - You can browse more than 100,000 hotel choices worldwide based on property type, amenities and price range.
- HotelTonight.com - With this app , users can book discounted, same night reservations in select cities. Chose from basic, hip or elegant.
- VRBO.com - An online space for homeowners and property managers to advertise their vacation properties and make it easy for travelers to search 160,000+ rentals in over 100 countries worldwide.