Filed under: Marketing.
My son will be entering college soon, so we decided to start touring the colleges that he would like to some day attend, Or first stop – San Francisco – UC Berkeley to be exact. Choosing to go to San Francisco was the easiest part of our vacation/college tour. Getting their was the tricky part.
Back in the day, when my family and I would travel, I would call up my local travel agent and they would make the arrangements. The same is true for those of us who were a part of corporate America. Each time we needed to travel, we would call down to the travel department and within the hour, a packet containing all the pertinent travel information would be delivered to our office. But now I am flying solo, all travel plans are made by me – I tried using the local travel agent, but I found better deals on-line.
Here are 5 Travel sites that will make things a bit easier if you are traveling on business or taking a vacation.
- Kayak.com – This site lets travelers compare hundreds of travel sites at once and finish their booking in one place.
- Hipmonk.com – A new travel search site where flight results are presented in a visual “timeline” that allows people to select the best flight for them at a glance. Hotel results are shown on a map so that people can view where in a destination they will be staying and the landmarks near them.
- HotelsByMe.com – You can browse more than 100,000 hotel choices worldwide based on property type, amenities and price range.
- HotelTonight.com – With this app , users can book discounted, same night reservations in select cities. Chose from basic, hip or elegant.
- VRBO.com - An online space for homeowners and property managers to advertise their vacation properties and make it easy for travelers to search 160,000+ rentals in over 100 countries worldwide.
Hope you find this list useful.